The holidays kinda got in the way of me posting a follow-up message about the blogging course Mark Joyner is offering for free. But yesterday I went through the entire course and I want to let you know what I thought of it. First of all, it’s actually one of the "elective" modules within the Simpleology site. Hopefully you’re familiar with Simpleology. If not, you’re probably very new to the IM world. And that’s perfectly alright if you are. Welcome.
Since I brought it up, here’s a quick overview of what Simpleology is. It’s essentially a series of courses that teach you how to get what you want out of life. All areas of your life - simply. And that’s the basis of it all - simplicity. In fact, the first module, Simpleology 101 (which is completely FREE, by the way) is entitled: "The Simple Science Of Getting What You Want". It’s a set of tools that teach you how to manage yourself better. The better you manage yourself, the more productive you’ll be. It may look like a time management course on the surface, but let’s face it, NO ONE CAN MANAGE TIME! So, it’s a SELF management course and well worth your time.
The next two modules - Simpleology 102 and Simpleology 103 - deal with the Simple Science of Money and the Simple Science of Personal Energy. They come with a price tag, but are not unreasonably priced for the life-changing material you receive. Anyway, I highly recommend you take the free Simpleology 101 course. Now on to the Simpleology Blogging Course review:
• It’s a series of 16 videos (the 1st is an intro) coupled with brief review quizzes that help to "set" the material in your mind.
• Each video is short - the longest one is six minutes and twelve seconds long. The majority are less than five minutes.
• I watched all the videos and took all the quizzes in about an hour.
• The videos are narrated by Mark Joyner himself and are full of descriptive cartoon figures that help the material be visually interpreted/recognized and sink in.
• The course is perfect for new to intermediate level bloggers, but I believe experienced bloggers will also find a few valuable tidbits as well. And if you’ve been blogging for a while, this course will at least be a good refresher and possibly a reminder of some of the things you should be doing, but aren’t.
• It covers everything from what a blog is and why they are so powerful, to choosing a theme, how to write posts, monitization techniques, how to drive traffic, etc.
• It also includes downloadable PDFs - the Blogging Virtuosity ebook and Memory Joggers as well as bonus interviews with some serious bloggers like: Jason Cain, Joel Comm, Lynn Terry and Priya Shah.
• Additional bonus PDFs include: "How To Create Interesting Titles", "How To Overcome Writer’s Block" and "Which Blog Software Is Right For You?".
• It doesn’t teach you about configuration or plugins and the like, since this is a generic blogging course and there are a bunch of blogging platforms out there.
• Finally, the entire course is included on downloadable MP3 audio files you can upload to your MP3 player and take with you.
All in all, a killer course and mess of bonuses for nothing but a blog post. To summarize: If you have a blog and don’t know every thing there is to know about blogging (I doubt anyone does), this free course will be of value to you.